Viparita Dandasana – with support of chair and bolster for the head; hold for five minutes.
Lying over Cross Bolsters; hold for five minutes
- Shoulders in mid air, legs bent, feet flat on floor
- Shoulders in mid air, legs straight
- Shoulders on floor, legs bent, feet flat on floor
- Shoulders on floor, legs straight
Salamba Purvottanasana – with 2 chairs, mat, bolster, blanket and plate weight for feet to push against; hold for five minutes (also one chair variation) Youtube video: http://youtu.be/tewAuQ3K4fA
Urdhva dhanurasana – with sacrum supported by backrest of chair, bolster on seat of chair; stay as long as you can but less than five minutes; repeat several times; note that feet may come off the floor and dangle in the air. Youtube video: http://youtu.be/XvKkvj0fxU4
Drop over from Tadasana into Urdhva Dhanurasana and come back up 5 to 10 times. Youtube video using a slant board: https://youtu.be/xkeZuT3o7sI
If unsupported dropping over and coming back is not accessible to you do all of the following.
- Urdhva Dhanurasana over a chair – with shoulder blade area supported by backrest of chair; use hand on the wall to come up. Youtube video: http://youtu.be/64PyvZMf9sc
- Drop over from Tadasana into Urdhva Dhanurasana with hands holding upper ropes.
- Drop over from Tadasana into Urdhva Dhanurasana with lower rope supporting sacrum. https://youtu.be/_uJyn9E-oQA
Sirsasana Youtube video: http://youtu.be/s637JaYh3ZQ
Adho Mukha Vrksasana Youtube video: http://youtu.be/5y9A5RES3TE
Urdhva Dhanurasana or Viparita Dandasana or Urdhva Dhanurasana into Viparita Dandasana Youtube video: added Eka Pada variation. https://youtu.be/QUAJDitqjis
Nirlamba Sarvangasana II and Ardha Halasana back and forth between the two. Youtube video: http://youtu.be/9epbgKffqVQ
Paschimottanasana to Halasana 20 times at a fairly quick pace. “You have to make the their brains light” B.K.S. Iyengar. Youtube video: https://youtu.be/oRXZZUf8bME
Setu Bandha Sarvangasana– with the support of a block under the sacrum Youtube video: added Eka Pada variation. http://youtu.be/pSC8uEoz_58